Monday, August 8, 2011

Library Magic

I know I know, when in college you think of the library as a place for quiet, a place for research, and a place that has no parties.

As I get older, I realize that the library is pretty awesome.

Why is it so awesome? I mean the use of free books, how can you go wrong? Well as a mom of two, I rarely get to look at the books I want to but that's ok I found out a way to work around that.

When living in Orange county (Orlando area) I discovered that the library there will actually mail you the books you select. Yes books in the mail! I just made a list, and to my house they came.

Just wait, it got even better. When I bought my nook, I found that you could check out e-books from their website and upload them to the nook. Yes they have e-books to check out!

You don't have to have a nook, kindle or i-Pad to read these e-books, you can download them to your computer and use certain programs to read.

Even better, you can download them to your i-Phone to read.

Along with my own reading pleasure, my children love outings to the library.
They get to look through all the books, pick out their favorites to take home and on certain days there is a special story time (at each branch so if you want to hop around throughout the week.)

The library is great free fun, who knew?! Only kidding but I am glad that I finally came round to use all the perks it has to offer.

We haven't borrowed DVDS or Cds from the library but that is also another bonus of visiting your library.

So look at your local library's website, visit your local branch, and the most important thing... make sure you get your very own library card!

I know this post will make my mom very happy, as it would most mothers, but especially mine since she went to school and got her degree in Master of Science Library and Information Science.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am so proud. And yes happy!!!