Wednesday, September 21, 2011

World Trade Center Memorial Fountains








Last Friday we attended the World Trade Center Memorial Fountains with the kids and my parents.

We have seen the site from afar, but to be there where the buildings once stood was a heartrending and solemn feeling.


Since it is such an important event, especially living so close to it all, we feel that the kids should know about it. Although Madeline is clueless to it, Mason understands it to an extent.

Mason's school had a special morning service on the Friday before the 10th anniversary. They had a few speakers and a few books that explain it to children.

My parents also visited the new memorial in Liberty State Park called Empty Sky, which we then all visited once we got back.


What's hard to imagine is I know how I feel about 9/11 and I didn't lose anyone or even live in the area when it happened, so to think of those people who experienced it first hand, my heart goes out to each and every person who did.

All of these memorials are a reminder of the loved ones that were lost that day but also a reminder that we must be united as a nation.

No comments: