Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

I've been slacking in the blogging world. Our trip to Florida through me off track, plus when we got back I got buried under a pile of laundry that basically reached the ceiling.

I was going to post about a few "inexpensive things" to do while you are visiting the mouse in Orlando. After living there for 16 months, I think I discovered a few fun things to do.

I think I will touch on one place at a time, so get ready for a few blogs after being away for so long!

Resort hopping is one of my all time favorite things to do.

We typically plan to visit a couple resorts each time we head to Orlando. Each resort usually has a few restaurants, an arcade, other activities, and of course shops! 

On the list of one of our families favorite resorts to visit is the Animal Kingdom Lodge, it has animals (for the kids), shops (for me) and delicious food (for my hubby!)

I would say one our most frequented restaurants at Disney is Sanaa which is actually at Kidani Village, the Disney's Vacation Club Resort part of Animal Kingdom Lodge. 

On their menu, we love their Indian-style bread service which you can choose to have several accompaniments, aka yummy dips. We then follow with Lamb Kefta and Tandoori Chicken, but I am sure most of the things on the menu are delicious!

Did I mention while you eat, you have a great view of giraffes, zebras, ostriches and many other cool animals?


Of course after we finish our meal, we always go out to visit the savannahs to get an even closer view of such cool animals.



They typically have a cast member out by the savannahs to explain all the different  types of animals. One time we caught a scavenger hunt for the kids, and the kids got a bead for each animal on the list they spotted.

So whether your family needs a break from the parks, or you just want to swing over for some "less expensive" Disney fun I highly recommend checking out the resorts.

My next posts will have information on-
Fort Wilderness Fun
Wilderness Lodge
Pop Century
AND MANY OTHER RESORTS and what they have to offer!

I haven't even started on the transportation fun... boats, monorails, OH My!

1 comment:

Anne said...

It seems that you really have a lots of Disney experience. I will do the blogging after my Disney trip too. Thanks! Airport Stroller Rental