Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fort Wilderness- Disney's Campground

Fort Wilderness was the first place I stayed on my first trip to Disney when I was about 6.
 I don't remember much about that trip, but one thing I do remember is the outdoor movie/campfire at the campground!
So this resort is pretty straight forward, tents, pop-up campers and RVs are welcome.

Ok so camping isn't your thing? It's not mine really either, unless it has A/C and a bathroom.

Well at Fort Wilderness they have cabins, so you can "rough" it a little easier.
 

So since I haven't stayed at this resort since I was six, what could I possibly know about it? 

Well in fact I make sure we come here every time we are in the Orlando area.

Why? 

Well they have the following:

Pony Rides
Horse Trail Rides/Tri-Circle-D Ranch & Farm / Stables
Campfire Sing-a-long/Movie with guest visits from Chip and Dale
Playgrounds
Boat Rentals
Wagon Rides
Carriage Rides
Bicycle Rentals
Beautiful Walking Trails
Sand Volleyball Court 
Horseshoes and shuffleboard 
Basketball and tetherball courts
Arcades
Boat launch that goes to other resorts and Disney World
Two amazing dinner events- How could I hold out on you...

The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is the most popular and longest-running dinner shows offered at WDW

 Mickey's Backyard BBQ, an all-you-can-eat buffet with a live country band, line-dance instructor, and appearances by Disney Characters, is held on certain evenings at the Fort Wilderness Pavilion.


Did I mention the pony rides are $5? And it's not just a circle they go around!
 

 This is always Madeline's choice of special Disney activity.
 

At the stables, visiting some horses


Quick stop at the "beach"
 Maddie played in the sand, while Mason and Mom Mom played tether ball.

 

Much of the information is courtesy of allears.net

Check out All Ears Fact Sheet  on Fort Wilderness for more insider tips!

No comments: