Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Meeting people





When talking to friends and family one of the first questions out of their mouth is "Have you meet any people in the area?"

Moving is hard, leaving your friends and family is trying but one thing that I learned early on in motherhood is finding a playgroup helps you meet people. Kids will play with any kid, so they sometimes help the moms talking.

I have joined a playgroup here called Jersey City Moms, and believe it or not they were shocked I found the group so fast from moving up.

Well I have a secret to share... many already know because I met you through it!

http://www.meetup.com/





I found my very first playgroup in Tampa through meetup.com. It was the right thing at the right time in my life. I met so many amazing moms and even my very best friend (many think we've known each other for years and years.)

So when I moved to Orlando, I knew what to do. I was in a few groups, met many wonderful girls, the hardest part was we were so spread out in the Orlando area.

And now with the move to Jersey City, like an ole pro I joined a group. This group is MASSIVE but so organized that not only has it given us things to do, people to meet, it also has provided invaluable information such as doctor recommendations, scoops on the schools, even festival and events in the area.


ALSO those without kids meetup.com literally has a group for anyone and any interest so check out your area's groups. The best part of all, if you don't find what you are looking for you can create your own group and I am sure there are others out there with the same interests!

No comments: